Living with psoriasis
I am Afsah Hussain born in France and now live in London, I have had psoriasis since I was born, so almost all my life has been in and out of hospitals, luckily I am better now but we never know when it comes and goes.
In june 2019 my psoriasis went out of control and this made me stop walking and took away my confidence.
Doctors decided to start a new treatment which was a big deal for me since I’ve been on one treatment for almost all my life.
The new treatment was biologics #injections, speaking of which I hate injections…
Its called tremfya, and we could say it successfully worked. Within weeks, I was walking again, meeting friends and having a normal lifestyle which I had never experienced. The downside to my injections is that my immune system gets weaker every time I take it, but I guess I am happy that I don’t have to hide anything anymore or pretend that I am normal because I feel like a normal person now and I am less depressed.
How to love yourself
And this isn’t for only people with psoriasis, its for everyone.
It took me 17 years to realise that who I am ,I am the best .
- Look in the mirror and compliment yourself daily
- Spend time with people who understand you
- Vent it out, dont keep it in.
- Do prayers,this will relax your mind and will make your inner self love you
- Do your favourite hobbies ,such as dancing, singing or painting.
- Laugh as much as possible, this is very good for your health and mind
- Take out friends or people who can’t love you or accept you for who you are
- Wear clothes that you feel comfortable in and stop trying to impress everyone
- Wear bright clothes as it will make you feel happier (from my experience)
- Keep smiling and dont give up ?
Lastly follow a nice diet or go gym this will totally change your life and will help with your psoriasis or any health issues.
Thanks to everyone who read the who thing, love you loads and take care of yourself, bye?